Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Football Fantasy: 9th Place

College League: won, 104.91-71.24 (finished in 9th place out of 12 teams)
Vermont League: won, 88.12-73.66 (finished 9th out of 12)
My Player of the Week: Jairus Byrd (Safety, Bills)


Photo via NextGenSports

The Bills are currently my team defense in the college league and they had a big game: 14 points allowed, 3 sacks, 4 interceptions and 2 touchdowns. Byrd was responsible for 1 interception and 1 touchdown. His father, Gill Byrd, was a star defensive back for the San Diego Chargers.

The season is over in both leagues and I finished in exactly the same spot. Waseda Alum won the College League whereas my blogging friend Marc won the Vermont League. I need to devote time in the off-season to devising a new strategy. My minimum goal for next season: the playoffs in both leagues.


My Player of the Year

Player: Matthew Stafford
Position: Quarterback
Team: Detroit Lions


Photo via isportsweb

Stafford was my player of the week four times. He was a steal, auto-drafted in the sixth round of the VL draft and has been the 5th most productive player in fantasy football this season. This is his third year in the NFL, not an unusual time for a breakout year. More importantly, he has led the Lions to the playoffs for the first time in the 21st century.

1 comment: