Thursday, April 7, 2011

A to Z, The Orioles' Legacy: Mike Flanagan

Player: Mike Flanagan
Years of Service: 15 (1975-87, 1991-92)
Position: Pitcher


Image via Baseball Almanac

Flanagan won the AL Cy Young award in 1979, posting a 23-9 record with a 3.08 ERA. He has been involved with the Orioles in numerous capacities since his retirement as a player: coach, front office executive and broadcaster. He's currently the color commentator for Orioles games on Mid-Atlantic Sports Network.

Flanagan was also a teammate of Julius Erving on the UMass basketball team.

******************

For each letter of the A to Z Challenge, I will feature one player from Baltimore Orioles/St. Louis Browns history. I hope you will join me. I hope you'll also check out the other 1200+ blogs participating. See the full list at Tossing It Out.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's quite a challenge you've taken on! good for you...thinking outside the box!( sorry, I just had to)

    Thanks for checking out my blog and for the 'follow'! So glad to have you with me!!! I’m still new to blogging and really appreciate any new followers.
    Did you notice that you can click on my main page photo and it will take you directly to Oak Lawn Images, Facebook site and to the catalogue of photos. Or, if you select the link under the group of thumbnail photos, on my main page, you can just view the photographs on Flickr. If you see any you like, I’d love to have the feedback.
    Please check back frequently because I often change the main blog page photo.
    http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.com/
    Kathy @ Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete