With the help of my friends Mock, Marc, Hello Kitty Fan, Mrs. Mock and My Wife, I have designed a new blogging challenge/online book club: 12 Books in 12 Months. The challenge is a reader's scavenger hunt, a quest to read a book from each of a dozen predetermined categories in a year's time.
- A classic work of children's literature
- A book you have re-read more than once...and just read again
- A book for which you have already seen the movie
- A book for which you have not already seen the movie
- A book you read because you wanted to laugh
- A tear-jerker
- A book you really don’t want to read but everyone keeps raving about it
- A book from a genre you don’t normally read
- A book about or set in your favorite place
- A book by someone with your same initials
- Your mom/dad/sister/brother’s favorite book
- A book that has been banned
If you'd care to join the challenge, please let me know by commenting below or e-mailing me at email@example.com. Also, please tell me how and where I can follow your posts. Don't be shy about suggesting other categories, either. It is my intention to compile a new list of 12 once this one is completed. My only parameter is that no one should have to buy anything in order to complete the challenge - nothing beyond a library card required.