Monday, July 4, 2011

My Baseball Fantasy: Kinsler

Private League: won, 6-4 (80-43-7 overall, 1st place out of 10, 2.5 games ahead)
Public League: 2nd out of 12
My Player of the Week: Ian Kinsler (Second Baseman, Rangers) with 4 home runs, 6 RBI, 5 runs, 3 stolen bases and a .318 batting average


Photo via Baseball Notebook

I'm very pleased with the bump up in the public league. I felt like I was stuck in 3rd place forever. The distance between 2nd and 3rd is slim right now: 1.5 points. The gap between 1st and 2nd, though, is huge: 14 points. I've got some work to do if I'm going to challenge the top spot. In the private league, I avenged one of my losses from the first round of matchups. I beat Mock's brother, 6-4, exactly reversing our score from Week 4.

Kinsler was one of three Jewish players to make the 2008 All-Star Game, along with Ryan Braun and Kevin Youkilis. He and his wife had their second child in June. Sadly, there are no fantasy stats for reproduction - at least, not in Yahoo! public leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment