Monday, July 18, 2011

My Baseball Fantasy: Markakis

Private League: won 5-4-1 (90-52-8 overall, 1st place out of 10, 6 games ahead)
Public League: 1st place out of 12, 4.5 points ahead
My Player of the Week: Nick Markakis (Right Fielder, Orioles) with 2 runs, 4 RBI, 5 runs and a .429 batting average


Photo via Dempsey's Army

Yup, I stayed up for all 16 innings of last night's Red Sox-Rays game to see how my matchup with Mock would finish. Heading into the game, Mock had the lead and I figured I was toast. He had a whopping six players in the game while I only had one. However, the pitchers' duel worked in my favor and I was able to pull ahead in batting average to get the win. There were several incidents when either Adrian Gonzalez, Kevin Youkilis, David Ortiz or Ben Zobrist could have given Mock the win with a single swing of the bat. He has a good shot at payback this week. The Sox open a three-gamer at Camden tonight.

The best news for me over the shortened week was vaulting to first in the public league. It's only July and there's a long way to go but it's nice to be in the driver's seat. Markakis is on a brilliant hot streak right now, benefiting both the Orioles and me. Though born in the US, Markakis played for Team Greece at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

1 comment:

  1. I always struggle with using certain players in Fantasy when they are playing the Sox in real life.

    Either way, my players last night going something like 1 for 23 did not help.


    I dozed off in the 12th but woke up to see the Sox go ahead...the fell back asleep...

    ReplyDelete