Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Baseball Fantasy: 2011 Season Wrap Up

Private League: won final, 5-4-1 (finished 1st out of 10 teams)
Public League: 2nd out of 12 teams, 1 point back

It was a pretty exciting finish in both leagues, coming down to the final day of the season in each. Alas, I fell just a tiny bit short in the public league. Nonetheless, I am further convinced my strategy is a sound one.

I am sold on head-to-head leagues. Individual games become a lot more meaningful. As such, I think I'll do a head-to-head public league next year rather than rotisserie. I heard no gripes from my private league-mates so I assume they preferred it, too.


Season MVP

Player: Matt Kemp
Position: Center Fielder
Team: Los Angeles Dodgers
2011 Totals: 39 home runs, 126 RBI, 115 runs, 40 stolen bases, .324 batting average


Photo via Locker Smash

Last year, Kemp was my first round pick and he had a very disappointing campaign. As such, he was still available this year when my third round pick came around in the private league. He was the top player in fantasy baseball in 2011. Conventional wisdom says he'll lose the National League MVP vote to either Ryan Braun or Prince Fielder but if the Brewers duo split the vote, Kemp could grab the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment